To further the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by sharing the knowledge and wisdom of Islam in an academic setting
With the help of Allah IUM will:
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the Islamic faith and civilization
- Provide Direct teaching in English & Arabic
- Provide E-Learning and distance education in Arabic & English
- Establish a comprehensive Islamic Library
- Open channels of education and research with universities and other research institutions
- Conduct programs to address contemporary issues
Our vision is to establish IUM as a pre-eminent institution of higher Islamic education in the western world, over the next 20 years.
We wish to see IUM have its own beautiful campus, that it be able to invite students from all over the world
for higher education. We want to enable IUM to provide first class Islamic education in an Islamic environment
through renowned scholars of Islam invited from all over the world to further the dissemination of this sacred knowledge.
We plan to provide Islamic higher education in the United States and with this type of education to develop committed
and learned scholars and community builders. Our effort is to tirelessly serve Muslims and guide them to peacefully work
to further Islamic scholarship. With independent study and online courses, as well as live lectures and classroom
instruction IUM will make education convenient and less costly. A student can study any time of the day, making it
easier to fit in his/her daily schedule. The younger generation deserves to have the opportunity to acquire the needed
Islamic knowledge here in the United States. The time has come to work on these objectives.
Our goals include the following:
- Produce a new generation of Muslims to serve Islam and Daw’ah (oration) according to the principles of the
Qur’an and Sunnah (The Prophets sayings and practice).
- Attract Muslims and people of other faiths in North America to pursue Islamic studies and achieve academic degrees in order to
widen their knowledge from authentic sources, and strengthen their faith and establish their conviction in the peaceful nature of Islam.
- Bring the Quran once again to the forefront of Muslim daily life
- Provide intensive courses in Arabic and English.
- Initiate joint research and cooperation with other universities and research centers in North
America and around the world to provide practical solutions for issues facing Western societies.