This program: is designed for students who are interested in memorizing the entire Quran,
and mastering its recitation with the proper rules of tajweed. Students begin with the most common Qiraa’
(style) of narration (Hafs ‘an ‘Asim). Upon completion of the requirements, students will be awarded the IJAZA (Certificate).
- Ability to read the Qur’an fluently
- Successful completion of the rules and implementation of Tajweed course
- Complete and pass the admission interview & the Tajweed test
- Applicant must be 15 years and older
- Completion of the Ijaza application
- Copy of valid photo-ID
- 2 recent passport photos
- Non-refundable admission fee of $25.00
- Applicants under 18 years of age need guardian’s approval
- The maximum duration of the program is 12 months. If a student exceeds this duration, he/she
must notify the IUM office immediately or will result in automatic drop from the program.
- Each student will be assigned to a certified Ijaza instructor for 2 hours per week.
- Student must practice memorization independently before meeting with the instructor.
- Student must read the entire Qur’an (Al-Fatiha to An-Nas) with the same instructor.
- Students have the option to complete the Ijaza program in person or by phone.
- Students must pass final IJAZA exam
- After completion of the first IJAZA, interested students may apply to continue in the other
Qiraat but must fill another application and pay the full Ijaza Fee of $1000 again.
- University students may earn up to 90 credits towards the Bachelor Degree if they successfully complete the Ijaza in all ten Qiraat
- Total tuition covering the duration of the program is $1000 for a single Ijaza
- The tuition should be paid in full, otherwise contact the IUM office.
- Students with financial needs may be eligible for partial scholarship depending on the availability of sponsors.
- Student may help to secure his/her own sponsor to avoid the wait